Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bananas!



My family LOVES bananas! I just can't keep them in the house! We can buy two big bundles at the store and they will be gone in just a few days. Well, that is normally the case. My two beautiful boys are visiting their grandparents in Iowa, to compensate for this I only bought one bundle of banana's. However, they still didn't get eaten. So I have this bundle of overly ripe banana's that no one will eat!

So today I decided to find a recipe for banana bread, and use them up!! The recipe I found was for Banana Peanut Butter Bread. It sounded delicious, and more importantly I had all of the necessary ingredients on hand!So I made some Banana Peanut Butter Bread, mind you I have never made home made bread before... the batter tasted great! It looked great in the oven, and even after coming out of the oven, but the center did fall eventually... :(

Anyway, my adventure with the banana's really made me think about a few things, far to many for this one post.I love it when God does that, when He can take something as simple as an overly ripe bunch of banana's and turn it into so much more. Imagine how wonderful life would be if we would let more things be learning opportunities instead of mood changers... Just a thought to ponder, I might write about some of my own thoughts later, but for now, I will just leave you with that.

And now, I'm going to go enjoy my Banana Peanut Butter Bread!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how God can take simple things and turn them into lessons!!! The Banana Peanut Bread looks good

    ReplyDelete