Thursday, August 19, 2010

Birthday flop!

So I posted earlier today about my wonderful husband's birthday... which has been not so wonderful. I mentioned earlier that I didn't get to leave the cake when I took it down this morning, well I didn't think to put it in the fridge, and all the frosting melted off the sides of it. I lost my recipe that I was going to use for supper but was excited when I found a better one. However, I am horrible at following directions and I used too much lemon juice, it turned out really good as long as you don't use too much (or any) gravy. Not that Paul would know, because he got stuck at work and still isn't home. But I fed the kids and thought that maybe we can have a nice candle light dinner later this evening? Then our plans for tomorrow have fallen through as he is now required to go to work. Sigh.

God has blessed my family in so many ways. It's easy to look at days like today and want to get discouraged, but the Bible tells us that trials make us stronger. I can let these things get me down, or I can look at them as opportunities. I don't get many chances to have candle light dinners with my wonderful husband with four small children running around. It might be reheated, but let's not get into details! I would have never found this new recipe if I hadn't lost my old one (and now I know not to over do the lemon juice...). God is good, all the time! Not just when things are going smoothly.

In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; -- 1 Peter 1:6-7

Garlic and Rosemary Chicken Recipe

1 comment:

  1. Did I mention it was a birthday flop? I was a sleep before Paul got home and he ate dinner by himself... I fell asleep while waiting for him and never ate my dinner... sigh. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete