Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Modesty Checklist

modesty checklist


A friend of mine shared a post about feminism with me today, that post in and of itself wasn't anything to write about, but it had a link to a Modesty Checklist! How cool! It really made me think. I just thought I would share it with you. It's pretty detailed. More so than I have ever thought about... and I do think some things towards the end are debatable... but still a great list! I loved her idea that her check list should start from the inside and work it's way out. That is so true! Kudos to her!

I think it's interesting to read different peoples opinions on modesty. The Bible doesn't give us a uniform that we must wear, just guidelines. Everyone interprets those differently. Like the woman in this article obviously wears makeup, where as I don't. I don't think it's wrong, but if I believe I am God's perfect creation, why cover up my face with a man made product? It just doesn't make since to me. (Plus, it steals valuable time that I think is better spent doing other things, among other what I consider practical reasons...)

No comments:

Post a Comment