Friday, September 24, 2010

A change in focus

It occurred to me today that I have been going about this all wrong. I will never be able to obtain a love for others that God desires for me to have.... it just isn't possible. The Bible says that we love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). I will never be able to love others just because I want to. However, if I fall in love with God, the love I have for Him will overflow onto everyone around me. It will be uncontainable! I shouldn't be focusing on a list of how to love others, but focusing on how amazing and awesome my God is, and how much I love Him!

I'm not going to stop studying the Scriptures, that would just be silly. But I will be looking at it differently. I wont be looking at it as a list of do's and don'ts but more as a "God loves you this way" be more like Him, kind of way. I love God so much. I want to fall in love with Him more and more each day, and then let that love overflow to those around me. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment