Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thursday and I am so thankful! Today was my husbands first day at his new store. Instead of leaving at 7am to drive through rush hour traffic to get to work by 8am, he left our house at 7:45 and got to work early! I am going to love having him so close to home! This morning he forgot his work hat, so we took it to him. It took us less than 15 minutes to drive to his store, drop off the hat (take a picture) and drive back home! I LOVE IT!!!

I am so thankful that he has a job, but now I am even more thankful because he will have more time to spend with us. I am thankful that he won't be stuck in rush hour traffic, full of bad drivers and traffic jams. I am so thankful that we won't be spending so much money on gas (he is looking forward to next spring when he can ride his bike to work). I am thankful that God has granted us this request. I am just so thankful for this change!

Here is a picture of his new store:


For more thankful Thursday posts check out this months host, Lynn, at her blog: Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

Today we are all suppose to share 10 things that you don't know about us... so here is my list:

1. I can't stand wearing shoes or socks! I wear flip flops all year long, even in the snow!

2. I'm only 26... (It feels like I should be older...)

3. My closest friends are all online, we have amazing fellowship, and I get to talk to them more than I do real people, because I'm at home a lot!

4. I'm dyslexic.

5. Because I'm dyslexic I hated reading until a few years ago, then I decided that I really wanted to read my Bible so I would work through it! Now I love reading (well, as long as it's a good book... I still struggle with books that aren't interesting...)

6. I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers...

7. My oldest son is exactly 9 months younger than my youngest brother (to the day!).

8. I love math!

9. I am not a pet person... really, I would rather not have any pets... but my husband is, so we have a lot of pets... I would list them, but there are too many...

10. The only bone I've ever broken is my pinky toe...

2 comments:

  1. That is such a blessing to have your husband work closer to home. I know how that feels. My husband's job is about 10 - 15 minutes away from home. So there are times we will meet up for lunch and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harter,

    This is a great praise report and I think it's so neat how excited you are for your husband.

    BTW, you list was great and I giggled over no 1. Say what??? You are too funny.

    See you again this Thursday. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete