Monday, November 15, 2010

Pumpkin oatmeal

30-Day Giving Challenge
It's snowing!!! Which of course makes me think of Christmas. For breakfast this morning I gave my children pumpkin oatmeal. This was my first time making this and it turned out GREAT! I found a recipe... but I didn't follow it. So I thought I would give you my recipe :)

Pumpkin Oatmeal
1 Cup oatmeal
1 3/4 cup water
Dash of salt
1/2 cup fresh pumpkin (although I think canned would work just fine too)
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup of sugar
*I was out of ginger but I think that would have been a nice addition...

Mix first 4 ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and enjoy!
*I think it would be perfect to top it off with whipped topping, but we were out of that as well...

It was a huge hit in my house, the kids were asking for seconds! It was the perfect breakfast for a snowy day. Now to share a little Christmas giving music with you:

No comments:

Post a Comment