Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday, God's Sovereignty, and Thanksgiving


On this thankful Thursday, I am ever so thankful for God's sovereignty. I am thankful that He has a purpose in everything that happens, and that I can trust Him to work it out for His glory. It is such a comfort to know that He is in control. Things might not always go the way that I hoped, but I know that as the heavens are higher than the earth, His ways are higher than my way, and His thoughts than my thoughts (Is. 55:9).

30-Day Giving Challenge

This also happens to be the Thursday before thanksgiving and day 18 of the giving challenge. This months host for Thankful Thursday, Laura over at Women Taking a Stand, posted in her post about Cain and Able. God rejected Cain's offering because Cain gave Him some stuff. It doesn't say that he gave him the best or the first, but just some. I always think about this as giving God our leftovers. But what struck me about this today is that I'm not always giving my best to others. Through out the giving challenge, I have given in some way each day, but I haven't always given my best, I just gave something. I am like Cain. I would much rather give like Able and give God my best by giving my best to others. After all Jesus said that ‘...whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ (Matthew 25:40).

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I think I am like you said, sometimes I give my leftovers and that is not what I want to do, not to others and certainly not to God! May we all have a pleasing attitude of gratitude this holiday! Happy TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I am so thankful for the purpose He has given me in my life. He has blessed me in so many ways and carried me through so many challenges and struggles. He truly is an awesome God!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog this week. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! God bless.

    ReplyDelete