Friday, November 19, 2010

Frozen Friday Funnies

It's Friday! This brings the Friday Funnies :) I love the Friday Funnies. As this is the week before Thanksgiving, I thought I would share last years Thanksgiving story. Feel free to laugh at me, I know I do!

Thanksgiving, 2009:
Before we get started let me say that I never cook Thanksgiving dinner. It has always been my mom, or my mother-in-law, NEVER me...

I wake up early to get the turkey started. My ex-husbands parents are driving out to spend the weekend with the boys, and we wanted to have our Thanksgiving dinner around 2pm. So I get the turkey out of the freezer... It said on the little tag thingy to keep frozen, so I had... I put it in the sink full of water and started getting some other stuff together. I go over to check the turkey after an hour and it's still frozen! I cut the outside wrapper off, and find some instructions inside. They say "Thaw 3 to 5 days before use". What happened to the keep frozen that it said on the outside?! I spent the ENTIRE day trying to defrost the turkey. The boy's grandparents got here that evening about the same time that the turkey was finally cooked (Maybe sooner). I should mention that they left their house that morning and it's an 11 hour drive from their house to ours, so I roughly spent 11 hours in a battle with my frozen turkey.

So on the bright side we all got to eat Thanksgiving together? And of course my in experience with turkeys was great amusement for everyone that day, including everyone that called to wish us a happy Thanksgiving (My dear, sweet husband made sure to tell them all...).

I hope your Thanksgivings this year are filled with lots of laugher and good memories, and please, thaw you're turkey in advance.

This has been a Friday Funny. For more Friday Funnies, please visit Homesteader's Heart each Friday by clicking the button below:
Homesteader's Heart

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! That could have ended up with take out or dinner out. Glad you were able to defrost it !:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girlfriend, I can sooo relate to your story. I cried the first time I made a turkey for Thanksgiving. LOL!
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete