Thursday, November 11, 2010

Writer's workshop / Day 11 of NaNo!



Today is day 11 of National Novel Writing Month, and it also brings the writer's workshop! Today's prompt is to write about "Something you wish you hadn’t put off til the last minute." Being that this is prompt comes in the middle of NaNo, I am really wishing that I would stop putting off my daily writing until bed time! You can tell exactly which days I put it off on by looking at my calendar...



The yellow day's are the ones where I put it off, and then I was too tired to reach my word count goal for the day... Yeah, I really wish I wouldn't have put it off, and all the squares could be green... It's a color thing. Green happens to be my favorite color and the yellow squares are ugly, that and they are a constant reminder that I didn't make it. They tell me that I am not perfect, that I have failed on those days. Why have I failed to reach my goal? Because I procrastinated. I put it off. (Similarly to what I am doing right now actually...)

There are lots of reasons I have put it off. Either I had company, or I was working on something else on the computer, or I might have been busy elsewhere in the house and not even gone near my computer until close to bed time... I guess it really doesn't matter why I put it off. I wish that I wouldn't have and that my calendar was full of perfect little green squares. :)

Mama's Losin' It

2 comments:

  1. Chin up!! There's always next week. :) I'm sure you will reach your goal.
    From: a fellow procrastinator. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there... don't feel bad, you're way ahead of me for the NaNoWriMo challenge. I just stopped by from MamaKat's workshop. I'm glad I'm not the only one finding it hard to get to the computer, though. Good luck with your novel! I hope the rest of your days are filled in green!

    ~~Oddyssey
    http://jypsievisions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete