Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Party

Tonight was the ladies Christmas party for my church. I was super tired and should have stayed home, but I really wanted to go... so I did. One of the ladies play her guitar while we sang along. I loved this. She played 4 songs, all of which were wonderful and Christ centered. :)

Here is the first one that she played for my Christmas song for the day:



After we sang one of the other ladies read a paper that she had written about Peace. It was great, however I was so tired I almost fell asleep. :( After this we did an ornament exchange... Did I mention we don't have a tree? I received a beautiful dove that said peace on it, I just don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. The ornament I gave was a candy cane accompanied by the candy cane poem:

Look at the Candy Cane
What do you see?
Stripes that are red
Like the blood shed for me

White is for my Savior
Who’s sinless and pure!
“J” is for Jesus My Lord, that’s for sure!

Turn it around
And a staff you will see
Jesus my shepherd
Was born for Me!


Anyway, it really was a wonderful time. :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I would love for you to join me by posting your favorite Christ centered Christmas song. My personal goal is to post a different Christ-centered Christmas song each day between now and Christmas. (The only rule is that it has to be Christ-centered. No songs about Santa, Christmas trees or whatever...)

No comments:

Post a Comment