Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cookies for the homeless


Today we are beginning a new Christmas tradition. I have been meaning to do it all season, but have just finished getting everything ready. I baked cookies for Mr. Amazing's employees, and packaged them all up nice. I figured while I was at it, I should do some extras. I am going to be passing out these cookie packages to all of the homeless people I pass for the next few days. Each package has cookies and a candy cane, and is wrapped with a ribbon. Attached is the a card with a Scripture (John 3:16), and on the back of the card is the candy cane poem about Jesus. I am really looking forward to passing these out. I have been sad that I have passed so many people already and haven't yet had them in my car. :(

I am also using this opportunity to teach the kids about giving, and love. We will pray for each person that we give cookies to as a family. I'm so excited! I can't think of a better way to celebrate Christmas than giving and praying!


I would love for you to join me by posting your favorite Christ centered Christmas song. My personal goal is to post a different Christ-centered Christmas song each day between now and Christmas. (The only rule is that it has to be Christ-centered. No songs about Santa, Christmas trees or whatever...)

1 comment:

  1. And of course there were no homeless out today... There are always homeless people out... I don't know if I should rejoice or be concerned for them?

    ReplyDelete