Monday, December 20, 2010

Crucified?

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. ~ Galatians 2:20

I have been pondering today what it would really be like to be able to say with Paul, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me..." To die to oneself is not an easy thing. While I want nothing more out of my life than to please Christ, it is hard to put my fleshly desires aside, and focus on what Christ want's. When I want to go to bed early because I'm tired, it's hard to not skip reading to the kids about Christ (part of our bed time routine). It's hard in the mornings when I'm not really awake yet, not to let everyone have some free time instead of starting the day off memorizing Scripture and studying God's Word together. I know which things please Christ, but I am still made of flesh. I want to please God, I want to die to my own desires and not live for myself. But to really be crucified with Christ and live for Him with every breath dedicate it to Him, would be an amazing thing... I'm not there yet, but with His help, maybe someday...


I would love for you to join me by posting your favorite Christ centered Christmas song. My personal goal is to post a different Christ-centered Christmas song each day between now and Christmas. (The only rule is that it has to be Christ-centered. No songs about Santa, Christmas trees or whatever...)

No comments:

Post a Comment