Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Encompassing 2010

Mama's Losin' It
This week for MamaKat's writing workshop I'm responding to prompt number 1: Choose a word that encompasses 2010 and describe why. What word will you choose as your theme for 2011?

A word that I think would describe 2010 well would be 'homeschooling'. I wanted to, then I was told I could. Then I spent tons of hours, days, weeks, okay months preparing for it. Then I actually started. It basically consumed me last year. Now I am getting use to it, and it is no longer consuming me, and I am getting back into being me.

In the beginning of 2010 I was consumed with the desire to homeschool, but my Mr. Amazing said no chance! By spring he was coming around and I almost cried each time I had to take my children to the public school that they were in. By the end of the school year he had granted me his blessing in pulling them out the following year (I know, he's Amazing!). So I spent my summer learning all I could about homeschooling. Different schedules people used, and the different types of homeschooling. I had to research all of the different curriculum choices and then make my choices. Then I had to prepare our school room, find the books we would need, and actually make a schedule. It seemed like a never ending process (that I absolutely loved!). The first day of school went really, really well! (you can read about it here) However from there it got more stressful. Trying to teach and control four young children (two of them still in diapers) was not the easiest thing I every attempted. We had our ups and downs and all arounds, but we made it! We are still alive and doing well! While we are still homeschooling, it is no longer encompassing my life as it did last year. It's just a part of who I am and what I do.

I already wrote a post (or four) about my one word for this year, the word that I want to focus on and have be my theme for 2011. My word is 'Doulos' (for more information you can click the tab at the top of the screen labeled my one word).

1 comment:

  1. i like your word you picked for 2011. It's a good theme to have. Stopping by from Mama Kat's WW.

    ReplyDelete