Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday

What are you thankful for this week? Write about it and link up over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.


On this blessed Thankful Thursday I am so thankful that I have been given the opportunity to serve the Lord. My prayer this morning was that God would use me for His glory, and not allow me to be a stumbling block. Being a mom is hard. There are so many opportunities to become a stumbling block to my children. Every choice I make can either point to Christ, or turn them away. They have no doubt that I love God, so it's extremely important what kind of a life I lead in front of them. I must admit that I didn't realize this soon enough. I've always known that leading by example is the best way to do things, it has the best results, and isn't hypocritical. However, it just really clicked yesterday that they are watching everything and all of my actions either point to Christ, or they don't. I want my children to see Christ in the way I speak to them, not just the words, but the tone. I want them to see Christ in the way I serve others, I even want them to see Christ in the breakfast I serve them (not literally of course)! I don't want them to see life as something that just happens, but as a gift from God and an opportunity to serve Him. I am so thankful for this eye opener, and for the opportunity to serve my God and Savior by letting everything I do point to Him.

3 comments:

  1. The opportunity to serve God--what a worthy blessing to be thankful for. All those hours and duties you pour into your children are an important part of service to our Heavenly Father.

    I've put your husband's job on my prayer list. I'll be praying for the right job and a stretch of the resourses you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Every choice I make can either point to Christ, or turn them away."
    That is so true. What an awesome ministry God has given to us mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do have a big responsibility as Mom's before our children. My verse for these two weeks (I'm doing the verse memorization with Beth Moore's blog this year) has been from Proverbs 31, I've been thinking about it a lot lately how I need to teach with kindness and what my example says to my son and husband.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete