Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Pets...


This week for MamaKat's Writer's Workshop I'm responding to prompt #1 If you could change anything about your pet, what would it be? This is kind of a trick question, because if it was my choice we wouldn't have pets... Can I change the fact that they exist? No? I didn't think so.

If I could change anything about my pets (not being the number... because, you know there are...well, a lot), I would make them self sustaining. I often forget to feed them (well then not super annoying ones like the fish and the birds) and I am terrified that I am going to starve them to death some day... The super annoying ones (like the dog and cats) are well, super annoying. They think I should feed them, fill their water dish and let them outside (even if it's 2 in the morning)... I would love it if they could do those things by themselves and not wake me up.

Realistically, I wish they wouldn't sleep in my bed. I am not a pet person, and I really do like my beauty sleep... and for me for it to really qualify as a decent night sleep I need to be able to roll over and have access to at least enough blanket to cover my entire body without having to wake up and shove an animal off of it. 'Deep sigh'

I should note that while I was dating Mr. Amazing, I thought his pets were cute and cuddly... I'm very thankful that we got married before I realized that they are really controlling and annoying... He's worth suffering through being a pet owner, but I have politely told him that we will never get another pet. EVER! (Okay, so maybe when he brought it up I shouted no and grabbed his arm as if pleading for my life... but either way I think we understand each other).
Mama's Losin' It

No comments:

Post a Comment