Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Who am I?

I was doing some browsing around online tonight and found this amazing blog post about being a slave to Christ. It was written in 2008, but it echoes so many of the thoughts that I have already written down on my own study of being a slave of Christ! I love it when God confirms things in this way! :)

I also read in a book that I'm reading something that sparked a thought process. The book is called Women Counseling Women and the general editor is Elyse Fitzpatrick. This book is very unique in the fact that each chapter is written by a different author. The particular chapter that I was reading was written by Joan Kulper. She was writing about our identities. She wrote that God has made each of us with an internal identity that is lasting beyond our circumstances. Her point was that we are not defined by our roles. While I am a mother, wife, daughter, ect. that is not WHO I am but what I am. I have often struggled with this, because let's face it, as a mom it's hard to think of yourself as anything else most of the time. Her point was that our identity, confidence, and all that we are as a person is tied to Jesus Christ. We aren't defined by what we do, but with whom we are connected eternally.

So the question remains: Who am I? The answer? I am a doulos of Christ! I have been adopted into His family and have laid down my life to serve Him, both now and in eternity. Here is yet one more amazing article entitled Hello, I am a slave.

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” ~ Romans 8:15

No comments:

Post a Comment