Saturday, October 22, 2011

NaNoWriMo Help!

November is fast approaching, and I must admit that I don't have a clue what I am going to write my novel about this year. Last year I had an idea in September, and it burned in my head all through October. Practically drove me nuts that I couldn't write it down, then in November I had to start at the beginning all over again. So this year, I have put off coming up with my plot, and now that it's a week away, I have nothing! :(

Here are my thoughts: I wanted to do a modern-day Bible story, but am really struggling with coming up with a good scenario. So thought of doing a novel about a modern day St. Nicholas, but my only problem is that he was Catholic, and I don't know too much about the Catholic religion. I'm sure I could learn, but that might take a while and would require a ton of research! So here are my options:

A) Write about the Catholic St. Nicholas and lead him to Christ at the end of the story. Do the research, and get over the time requirements...

B) Alter the story enough that he is raised in a Christian home instead of a Catholic one.

C) Pick an actual Bible story like Esther, Ruth or Martha and Mary (just a few random examples) and make it a modern-day story?

D) Take one of Jesus' parables and write about it in a modern setting.

I'd love your input! I only have a few day's left before I wanted to have the teaser paragraph written and I don't even know what to write about :( Thoughts anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! Used to do NanoWrimo too, but God has led me down another path for this season so it's fun to participate vicariously through you, lol.

    Honestly, would love to see a modern version of Esther or Ruth! But that's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that, I'm really being drawn towards writing a modern-day Ruth. :D I've got the teaser written and am working on some final details that I need to know before I get started :D

    ReplyDelete