Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Goals

But the noble man makes noble plans, and by noble deeds he stands. 

~Isaiah 32:8

The new testament has a few things to say about goals. I am not much of a goal setter, mainly because of verses like Galatians 3:3. I know that I can't reach any goals without God's help, and usually I am a firm believer that God will do His work regardless of my plans, therefore... I don't plan. However, He has really laid it on my heart recently to make some goals. I know that He wants things to be orderly, and achieving His goals would be much easier if I would make a game plan. But even with goal setting and my game plan in place, it's important to remember verses like Proverbs 16:9 and 19:21. Yes, I have plans that I want to complete to reach my goals... but not if it means going against God's Word.



So, I have set some goals. And I have made a game plan in hopes of reaching them.

My spiritual goals include being more thankful for my children (more on that in a later blog), and living in light of the Gospel. To make time for quiet time each and everyday - having it be a priority that I long for, not a chore to merely cross off my to-do list.

Then I have some life goals. Starting with my writing goals that you can read about here. I still need to establish goals for homemaking, but God has really impressed on me that my spiritual goals must come first, and that helping my husband by fulfilling the writing goals is the next step. That almost sounds wrong when I type it out, but God has given me peace that that is the right order. I'm not sure why, other than the fact that with changing the way our life is lived by having Paul home more, it will also change the way I proceed in homemaking, and my spiritual goals will also change the way that I view homemaking. So, I'm confident that God knows what He's doing, I just need to listen to Him and follow along ;)



For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment