Friday, March 23, 2012

Rest

And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. 
~  Genesis 2:3

It's been a busy year so far! It just seems like getting caught up has been hard to do. But I've done it, and with no time to spare. We leave for our vacation on Monday morning. I am looking forward to it so much. After all of the work that I've done, it's nice to know that I will have a week and a half to rejuvenate my soul. We will be spending an entire week in Texas with my wonderful in-laws. Texas has always been a place that I have loved - even though I was never actually able to go there until after I married my husband who is from Texas. But since that time, it has grown even more dear to my heart, partly because of the wonderful people that I see when I'm there, and partly because I find it so serene. The old country song "God Blessed Texas" leaps to mind. It's like my special place where I can go and rest in God and enjoy the blessings that He has given me. 

Source

Do you have a place like that? Some place that just calls your name and enables you to breath a little deeper and seek God's face like nowhere else on earth? Just thinking about Texas makes me breath deeper and smile. The thought of enjoying the sunshine, my family, and God's Word. And the knowledge that for the time I'm there, nothing will be expected of me. I will truly be at rest. No work to do, no deadlines to meet. Just me, my God and my family. I can't imagine anything better than that. Sure, I will do some reading, and probably some writing while I'm there, or maybe I won't. Who knows? It doesn't matter. Nothing will be required, and I love that! I will be free from the demands of this world. Yes, I will still be a mom with four children, but I will have my husband and my in-laws by my side, and that takes off some of the pressure and demands. I won't have to do any chores - but I might do some just to be helpful. It's just being free to be me and follow the desires of my heart for week, that's something to look forward to. 

 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
~ Psalm 116:7

No comments:

Post a Comment