Oh how I needed that pep-talk today!
Let me back up a bit for you. I didn't blog on Wednesday, and I'm just now pulling together today's post that is normally up by 7am. My husband is sick, my mom is here visiting, I can't seem to get caught up with work, I received a list of typos from a reviewer for the book I published last week, and my kids act as if I never spend any time with them. I feel like a failure. And that's exactly how Satan likes it and I know it! God on the other hand, would rather I focus on the truth - His truth:
- He is accomplishing His good work through me, that He designated in advance for me to do.
- He has the power to heal my husband, and will provide for us in the meantime.
- He blessed me richly by bringing my mom to spend time with me and giving us quality time to spend together.
- He is doing amazing things through my book that was published last week - it is bringing Him glory despite the typos!
- He is the perfect heavenly Father of my children and will provide for all of their needs, including their need of me.
All of my false feelings of failure can be countered by God's never changing truth - and I'm certain that yours can too. Will you trust your feelings or your God?
But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.