Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Migraine Scriptures


If you've followed my blog or know me in real life, you probably already know that I suffer from migraines. They started back in 2008 when I slipped on some ice and fell down the stairs in front of our home - carrying one of my twin girls that was just a few months old at the time. She was fine - I, on the other hand, cracked my elbow and got whiplash. The whiplash triggered migraines that have just never went away. Seeing a chiropractor helped for a while, but since we recently moved, I haven't found a new one yet. So today, I pulled out this list of Scriptures that I compiled several years ago to help me deal with the pain - and then I realize that I never posted them here. 

If you've ever dealt with migraines, you already know that they aren't fun. I hope that God can use these in your life as He does in mine. I find them both encouraging and strengthening:  

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Ecclesiastes 7:14
In the day of prosperity be happy, But in the day of adversity consider--God has made the one as well as the other So that man will not discover anything that will be after him.

Matthew 4:24
The news about Him spread throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all who were ill, those suffering with various diseases and pains, demoniacs, epileptics, paralytics; and He healed them.

Job 5:18
"For He inflicts pain, and gives relief; He wounds, and His hands also heal.

Revelation 21:4
and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away

Job 6:10
"But it is still my consolation, And I rejoice in unsparing pain, That I have not denied the words of the Holy One.

Psalm 69:29
But I am afflicted and in pain; May Your salvation, O God, set me securely on high.

Ecclesiastes 1:18
Because in much wisdom there is much grief, and increasing knowledge results in increasing pain.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Psalm 139:14
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.

2 Corinthians 4:16
Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!

2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

*All Scriptures are taken from the New International Version of the Bible - Copyright 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment