Because they got so many wonderful comments from kids, teachers, family and other random people who saw them, I wanted to share the recipe here on my blog so that you can make your child the world's best treats too. :)
Disclaimer: They are the worlds best in taste, not nutrition.
So without further ado, the recipe for Flower Pot Treats:
1 cup butter
16 oz of cream cheese
1 cup confectioners sugar
4 3.5 oz packages of instant chocolate pudding
7 cups of milk
1 16 oz container of whipped topping
2 packages of Oreo cookies
2 bags of gummy worms
2 bags of gummy slugs
28 flowers for decoration (I used flower rings from the King Sooper's bakery - they charged me $1.25 for 25 rings)
- In a large bowl, cream the first 3 ingredients together (butter, cream cheese, and confectioners sugar).
- Add in the pudding mix and milk, mixing well (it should start to set up on its own).
- Stir in the whipped topping.
- In your food processor (or a large ziplock bag with a hammer) crush the first package of Oreo cookies to make them look like dirt.
- Set out 28 6-9 oz cups (or just use a 9 x 13 casserole dish if you don't need individual servings) and place a spoonful of the Oreo crumbs in the bottom of each.
- On top of the Oreo crumbs (A.K.A. dirt), place one gummy worm in each cup.
- Next, fill the cups 1/2 way full of the pudding mixture (or mud), drop two slugs into each cup and drape a gummy worm up the side and over the edge and then distribute the remainder of the pudding equally between all of the cups. (Note: if you're making these in advance, you can cover and refrigerate them at this point and finish making them an hour or two before serving.)
- Crush the remaining package of Oreo cookies and sprinkle on top of the pudding in each cup.
- Top each "flower pot" with two slugs and and a flower.
Voila. You have the best treats ever. Go ahead, give yourself a pat on the back, you're a great mom! :)
(I bought extra gummys to use on top of the cake for home and tie it all together)