Sunday, July 18, 2010

Reverence

My devotion today was about having a reverent attitude. I don’t know about you, but reverent isn’t a word that I use every day. So I had to take a moment to look it up. Reverence means to regard or treat with deep respect. I think that sometimes it's easy when we have been in a relationship for a while to become indifferent towards others. Like with our husbands, after we have been married for a while and the new wears off, we no longer look at them the same way as we did at first. I think the same thing happens with God. When we first came to know Him, we were in awe of Him, but now, years later, I think that we, or at least I, look at Him with indifference sometimes instead of with reverence.

I don't know about you, but I want to work on my reverent attitude toward God, knowing that when my relationship with God is in the right place, my attitude toward my husband will follow suit. I want to rekindle my love and reverence for God. I want to honor Him, obey His commands, I want to express my gratitude to Him, I desire to love God and revere Him. God deserves my deep respect, not my half-hearted mumbles.

My devotion was from the book God's Hand In Life's Little Moments

Worship the LORD with reverence and rejoice with trembling.
Psalm 2:11

No comments:

Post a Comment