Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lately

I have been thinking a lot lately about modesty… It all started when I read this blog by my dear friend Robin. It made me think about things I never thought about before. God has always had this way of working in me, where He doesn’t always allow me to process what He is doing, before He informs me that we have arrived at our new destination, so less than a week later I was no longer wearing pants. I can’t really explain to you 100% right now why I’m not wearing pants...as I said, God doesn’t always wait for me to catch up to Him before implementing things in my life. But I can assure you that I will be posting a lot more about modesty in the near future.

Since I am not wearing jeans, I was thinking of turning my jeans into really cool denim skirts! An idea I also got from Robins blog. However, my sewing machine isn’t working… I’m hoping I just missed something last time I cleaned it (my mom’s suggestion)? So, I am hoping to look at that sometime soon!

I have also been working on ways to try to reduce our household budget. I am looking at making our own cleaning supplies, and also trying to formulate a meal plan that will allow me to make a shopping list that will cut costs when grocery shopping, but also make my life easier both at home and at the store. However, that will take a ton of work to get it to a finished, working point…

So there you have what’s been going on around my house and in my head. Hopefully I will be back to blogging on a regular basis soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment