Monday, October 24, 2011

Mr. Monday!

So, I have been slacking on my Mr. Monday posts. Not because I love Mr. Amazing any less, but for some reasons finding time to turn the computer on on Monday's is becoming difficult for me. I should start pre-writing them... Yeah, that would be good. But for now, I thought I would just go ahead and write this week's post.

I have been thinking all day about how much I am amazed by Mr. Amazing (hints the name). He worked the closing shift last night, didn't get to bed until after 11, then got up at 5am to go back to work. Why would anyone do that? Why would they drag themselves out of bed when they are dog tired? The answer is simple. Love.

He doesn't do it because he loves his job. He doesn't do it because he loves money. He does it because he loves our family and wants to provide for us. That amazes me. It amazes me how much he sacrifices for us. It amazes me that day after day, week after week, year after year, he gets up and goes to work, no matter what. He goes when he is sick (unless he can't stand up or something), he goes when he is tired, he goes when I forget to make him something to eat, he goes when I forget to wash his clothes. He just goes. He gets up and puts forth the effort to take care of our family, no matter how much his family fails him.

The Proverbs 31 woman has come up several times in the past few days. What I'm realizing is that I am ever so thankful for God's grace, because I fall so short of that. I am far from the perfect wife, yet there my husband is. Standing strong, loving me despite my faults.

Sometimes it's easy to focus on ourselves, on all of our needs that aren't being met. But if you ever take a step back and look at things from the other point of view, it gives you an amazing since of gratitude. Instead of looking at all of the things you have to put up with, think about all of the things that you make your husband put up with. If your anything like me, I bet you will want to give him a great big hug and tell him how truly amazing you think he is.

2 comments:

  1. Good post Heather! Glad I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post! I know I'm guilty of wanting "romantic" love and that will sometimes cause me to overlook the true, right-there-beside-you everyday love that is the truest form of devotion and honor. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete