Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ministry Month!

Each December bring tons of new support for ministries. Some people are trying to donate before the end of the year so that they can write it off on their taxes, others are just in the charity mood. People donate money, food, time, and energy to all kinds of ministries during this month. For others, on December 31st when they are making their New Year's resolutions, they decide to be more giving in the coming year. For all of these reasons I have decided to feature some of my favorite ministries here on my blog during this month. I do hope you will join me, as I am involved in each one of these ministries in someway, and totally believe in their causes.

The first ministry that I want to mention is Thankful Thursday! While this isn't your donate money, serve the community ministry, it is still a ministry. It is a ministry of encouragement, a ministry of hope, and a ministry of community. It's so wonderful to come together with other believers and just be thankful, to praise God for what He has done. The ministry of Thankful Thursday has been so encouraging to me, and I am so thankful for it. I'm thankful for Iris at Grace Alone and Laurie at Women Taking a Stand who both volunteer to host this link-up. And I am thankful for each one of you who take part as well, giving your time to write a post about thankfulness, or to visit a blog and leave an encouraging comment. I am just so thankful that we can come together each week, and be thankful together!



Obviously, this Thursday I am thankful for ministries. I'm thankful for the people that volunteer their time and resources, just to help others. I'm thankful that in the self-centered age that we live, there are people who still know how to give without recieving. I'm thankful that there is the opportunity to help people that we may never meet, or even know that we are helping.

If you have a ministry that you would like me to mention, please e-mail me at heatherhart84@gmail.com

Oh! And don't forget to hop on over to Iris's blog and check out the other Thankful Thursday posts :D

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. Yes, these online memes - many of them - are great ministry tools. They make us think and focus on our God.

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete