Thursday, February 24, 2011
Last night I made snickerdoodles for the first time EVER. My wonderful husband informed me that they were the best snickerdoodles he had ever eaten by far. So after being prompted by MamaKat, I thought I would share my recipe with you (prompt #5).
1 cup of shortening
1 1/2 cups of sugar
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 Tablespoon of sugar
1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the shortening and 1 1/2 cups of white sugar until well mixed.
3. Stir in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking soda, salt, and vanilla and stir them into the batter until blended well. (Okay, I don't really combine them first... but that's how everyone else in the world does it...)
5. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Roll dough into small balls (seriously, if you make medium sized balls the cookies come out HUGE and are really hard to get to cook all the way through). You want the diameter of the ball smaller than a quarter.
7. Roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
8. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
10. Cool slightly on baking sheet, and then you can eat them or pile them on a plate while still warm. :)
(This recipe was modified from a recipe that I found at All recipes. You can view the original recipe by following this link.I should also note that the photo above is not the cookies that I made, but that is what they look like. The above photo was taken by BMore and was also found at Allrecipes.com)
To find more yummy recipes or read through some other great posts prompted by one of MamaKat's writing prompts this week, visit her blog by clicking below:
*On a side note, I'm hosting my first giveaway tomorrow! I will be giving away a children's DVD, check back for your chance to win!