Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Preparations

Yesterday was the first day I did any Christmas shopping this season, and I got almost everything that I was looking for! I did have a couple of gifts here at the house that I had gotten for my mom earlier this year (and of course forgotten about... one was actually from two years ago!) One I had picked up on sale last year before Christmas (a lot before... probably shortly after mothers day...) the other I had found at a garage sale this past summer. Both had long since been forgotten, and as I sit here I am thinking I might have some books tucked away somewhere?

Anyway, even with my minute amount of pre-shopping, I found all but 2 things! I really wanted to get the girls night gowns, but nobody sells nightgowns in size 3T... My mom wondered if it was a safety issue? I dunno. I just know that I want them and can't find them. So I'm holding off until closer to Christmas to look again, and probably break down and buy them regular p.j.'s. But in the mean time I came home with lots of bags full of goodies!

I saved tons of money this year by shopping at the new Good Will store that just opened up here in town! Fabulous! And right next door is a dollar tree, so I got lot's of small, fun gifts there. Each of the kids got one nice toy, but that coupled with all of the smaller gifts and clothes will make out for a nice Christmas. I love, love, love giving to others! (So much so that I didn't leave my husband any money to buy me anything... oops, but that's okay.) I will have so much fun watching everyone open gifts Christmas morning and seeing their smiles! It is soooo much better to give than to receive!

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is wrapping all of the fun things that I bought for everyone. (When I was little each year around Christmas time I aspired to be a gift wrapper at a mall. I thought it would be the funnest job EVER!) So after my shopping adventure, I got to have the joy of wrapping all of the presents! Too much fun!

I hope you all have a wonderful time shopping! The lines and crowds are quite a bit intimidating to me, but I made it through with God's help! (I only had one urge to run and hide in a corner... but the store was too crowded for me to find a corner, or to check out, so I kept shopping, lol)

I would love for you to join me by posting your favorite Christ centered Christmas song. My personal goal is to post a different Christ-centered Christmas song each day between now and Christmas. (The only rule is that it has to be Christ-centered. No songs about Santa, Christmas trees or whatever...)

No comments:

Post a Comment