Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Word-filled Wednesday: Born to die


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ~1 Peter 1:3

During this time of the year we celebrate the birth of Christ, but I have been thinking today about why Christ was born. He was born to die. His soul purpose on this earth was to atone for our sins through his innocent death. While He was here He lived an amazing life that can be an example to us all, but His purpose was to come and die for us. He died so that we could have hope, be forgiven, and ultimately be born again.

Jesus was born fully God and fully human. It was all part of God's perfect plan to save us. He was born in a manger and died on a Cross. God loved us so much that He sent His royal Son to live a life of poverty on earth, for us. For me, and for you. He was born, and He died, so that we may have eternal life. Our God is so amazing.



5 comments:

  1. It's hard to comprehend such love, isn't it? When I hold so tightly to my children . . . being willing to give one up for the sake of a bunch of sinners sounds just . . . scandalous.

    There is none like Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Harter, my name is John. I read a lot of blogs on religion and prayer and I've i feel like I've ended up here once before. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this prayer exchange website PrayerMarket.com I thought it was an interesting idea and would be curious to hear what you (or other Christians) think about it

    I'll check back here in the next day or two, thanks & God bless
    John W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I checked out that website. To me it looks like just one more way to make a profit off of Christianity. There are lot's of communities where people join together and freely offer prayers with no reward or cost. I would never condemn anyone for being involved in this, but it is not something that I would ever encourage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I praise him & Thank Him for being born to die in my place !
    Merry Christmas !
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete