Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday


To read more thankful Thursday posts, please visit this months host, Iris, at her blog Grace Alone.

On this wonderful Thankful Thursday, I am thankful that God is sovereign. I am thankful that His ways are better than my ways. You see, the weatherman here forecast snow for yesterday and we were all looking forward to it! However, it never came. I am tempted to be ungrateful about this, but God is using this to remind me that He is ultimately in control.

There are so many things that I wish wouldn't happen, or would make happen if I could, but God is in control of everything, and He knows what He is doing. He has a reason for it not snowing today, just as He had a reason for me having cancer as a baby. I might not see a reason for it not snowing now (or ever) but I trust my God that He knows best. Just as I am now thankful for my cancer, as my own experience is how I knew that my son also had it, and helped me get through that ordeal. I am actually thankful that God gave me the gift of experiencing it for myself.

So I can also choose to rejoice in the fact that there is no snow... even though I really, REALLY wanted it. I love snow! But I love my God more. The snow will come in His time, not mine. I am thankful that He is in control and that He knows what is best for us all.


I would love for you to join me by posting your favorite Christ centered Christmas song. My personal goal is to post a different Christ-centered Christmas song each day between now and Christmas. (The only rule is that it has to be Christ-centered. No songs about Santa, Christmas trees or whatever...)

2 comments:

  1. " I am thankful that God is sovereign. I am thankful that His ways are better than my ways"
    Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must add my hearty and hear-felt "AMEN!"

    As my pastor likes to say: "If God is really in control, AND he really loves us, then the logical conclusion we must come to is that everything will turn out alright in the end, if we'll just keep our eyes on Him."

    Happy TT!

    My Thankful post is HERE.

    ReplyDelete