Thursday, December 2, 2010

Why the Nativity by David Jeremiah

I just finished reading this amazing book, and am now reading it to my children. It is called Why the Nativity and is written by David Jeremiah. He addresses 25 questions about Christ’s birth, and does his best to explain why they happened the way they did, and why each event is important (if you check out Amazon you can view the table of contents that lists the 25 questions).

I picked this book up last year after Christmas on clearance, it was well worth it and had I known how good it was I would have picked it up earlier for full price. I found it very hard to put down when reading it on my own, but now that I have read it I can commit to just reading a chapter a night to my kids. It was easy to follow and understand. He didn’t use a ton of confusing words to make himself sound smarter. I think it is perfect to read one chapter each day of December leading up to Christmas.

Breakdown:
Worldview: Biblical
Target Audience: Anyone
Positive Elements: This book was very biblical, and very enlightening. Everything about it was positive.
Inappropriate Language or adult content: He did briefly mention prostitution in one chapter, but it was very brief.
Unbiblical Content: There was one line that I don't agree with. It said that Christ came to bring peace not division, and that is the exact opposite of what the Bible says in Luke 12:51.
Other Negative Elements: None


I would love for you to join me in posting 25 Christ centered Christmas songs this month. The goal is to post a Christian Christmas song each day (no songs about Santa, Christmas trees or anything like that). Even if you just post one, I would love for you to link up and share it with us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment