Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Word-filled Wednesday: Bethlehem




“‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will shepherd my people Israel.’ ” ~ Matthew 2:6

We have been doing a lot of learning about the Christmas story around our house the past week. And one thing that just keeps sticking with me is the way God didn't use anything that was 'great'. He picked a small town that people considered unimportant, and He picked a seemingly random young girl. It has really just been making me stop to think about what things I see as unimportant, that God might just use for something extraordinary. The entire town of Bethlehem missed the birth of Christ. They were all there, but no one took notice. What kinds of things are right before me that I am missing?


I would love for you to join me by posting your favorite Christ centered Christmas song. My personal goal is to post a different Christ-centered Christmas song each day between now and Christmas. (The only rule is that it has to be Christ-centered. Obviously no songs about Santa, Christmas trees or whatever...)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts on Christ's birth. God chose the ordinary and did the extraordinary through them. May we always be mindful of how limited we may be, but with Him, nothing is impossible! Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post for WFW. Really makes you thank what we could be missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings Harter... I really love Third Day and some of the new Christmas songs I've been listening to like Casting Crown, Chris Tomlin, so many yet the one I have linked is a great traditional one!!!

    I just thought of another post I have with a new one I love but maybe would not qualify... check it out... and add it if you'd like:

    http://mazmagi.blogspot.com/2010/12/tune-4-tuesday.html

    Beautiful reflections on how humble Our Lord Jesus came into this world! I pray that I do not miss anything right before me! Thanks for sharing this unique WFW!

    Peace in Christ,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful song!! Thanks so much for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete