Monday, February 6, 2012

Mr. Monday: Date Night!

My lover is radiant and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand.
~Song of Songs 5:10
We finally got to go out to celebrate my birthday last weekend. We almost had to cancel due to a huge winter storm, but Mr. Amazing pulled it off. He had arranged a sitter for his day off (Friday) early on in the week. However, our sitter is terrified of driving in the snow, so he ended up having to go and pick her up. The roads were horrible, and he lost control at one point, slamming into the median. The car is a little banged up, and he had a headache, but he wasn't going to let that ruin our day (I would have. I completely freaked out when he told me).

He brought me a dozen roses, and then took me to P.F. Chang's (who has the best Chinese food EVER). Then we went and walked around the mall to pass time while we waited for our movie to start. It was simply wonderful having time with just the two of us. We don't get to do that very often, and I was thankful for every moment of it. My only regret is that it had to come to an end. **sigh**


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how lovely! Though I agree with you about probably having a mild heart attack at the thought of him in an accident. Happy belated birthday (though I told ya back then, lol) and glad you got to celebrate it with your love. Tell him, great roses!

    ReplyDelete