Wednesday, February 1, 2012

De-Cluttering

Yet her profit and her earnings will be set apart for the LORD; they will not be stored up or hoarded. Her profits will go to those who live before the LORD, for abundant food and fine clothes.
 ~Isaiah 23:18

I'm going through a purging stage. I have already gotten rid of 2 trash bags full of toys, 2 boxes and 2 bags of clothes, plus some other odds and ins, and I'm not done. Some of the stuff I have set up for over a year to sell in a garage sale that we have yet to have. So I'm now just donating it all to Good Will. You see, there is no point in storing or hoarding things to save for later. We get a lot of stuff from Good Will, it's cheaper. We might as well bless others the same way. You can get a dozen toys at Good Will for less than you can buy a new toy at Wal-mart. I love that. For families on a budget it truly is a God-send. 

When I read Isaiah 23:18 that's what I thought about. How much better it is to set our belongings before the Lord. Whether it's money, toys or clothes, it all belongs to Him, who are we to store it up for our own gain, when we could be sharing it with others in need. 

1 comment:

  1. Goodwill is a blessing, for sure! And am proud of you for realizing that sometimes intentions don't line up with actions--and doing something about it! (donating instead of still trying to do yard sale). God knew it would sit there this long...I like to think that He was saving it to bless someone as this specific point and time!

    Way to go! Keep up the great work decluttering. Keep praying, God will show you what can go and He'll direct your hands and feet!

    ReplyDelete