Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Moms In Touch

I am so excited about Moms In Touch International! I don't remember who suggested the organization to me a couple of weeks ago, but I am so, so, so thankful! There isn't a group for the boy's school yet, so I just started praying by myself, and I have to tell you, it is amazing! I have been searching to improve my prayer life for a while now, but have never been able to find anything to help me go beyond the pray in the moment prayers (which are good, but they aren't enough).

So! While it is a rule that what is prayed in a MITI prayer group must stay within the group, since I am praying by myself, I thought I would share what my first hour of prayer looked like:

Before I could start I had to pick an attribute(or name) of God, and look up the definition and supporting scriptures. Because one of my biggest struggles about putting the boys in public school was that I wouldn't be as involved as I wanted to be. As a parent, it is hard to put them someplace where I can't protect them, or help them. So I chose to praise God for being our Father.

Praise:
Attribute: God our Father
Definition: Our parent/protector - originator, founder, or inventor.
Supporting Scriptures:
2 Corinthians 6:18~ “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”
Hebrews 12:7~ Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?
Proverbs 23:13~ Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die.
Proverbs 13:24~ He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.
1 John 3:1~ How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
Romans 1:7~ To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

--My Prayer--
Praise be to you the God and Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, you have blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ (Eph. 1:3). Thank you Father, for making me your daughter. You Lord are a mighty God, lavishing your love on us. I praise you Lord, for all that you do. I praise you for being a wonderful Father, not spoiling me Lord, but being a loving Father that disciplines me, and lets me know when I am in the wrong. I praise you for offering me grace and peace in every situation, and for calling me to be a saint. Thank you for loving me.

Confession
During this time I confessed some of the sins that God has been convicting me of (worry, fear, and anger mainly).

Thanksgiving
I took this opportunity to continue thanking God for letting me be His child, for being my protector. I thanked Him for being my guide and being trustworthy.

Intercession
I chose 3 Scriptures to pray. Then I prayed one over each of my boys, and the last one over all of the children at their school~
Matthew 6:9-13~ “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.’

--My Prayer--
Lord, I ask that you are with Tyrel today. Please forgive him for his sins, and help him to forgive those who sin against him. I pray Father, that you help him to resist temptations and deliver him from the evil one.

Ephesians 1:17-23~ I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

--My Prayer--
Father God, please give Kainen the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that he may know you more. I pray that you open the eyes of his heart so that he may be enlightened and know the hope which can only be found in you. Father, please help him to know your power and love. You loved him enough to die for Him and you raised Christ from the dead and seated Him at your right hand. Help Kainen to know these things as truth. Father God, I ask that you show him exactly who you are, and fill him with your spirit.

Philippians 2:5-11~ Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

--My Prayer--
Father God, I ask that you are present in [name of school]. Please help the attitudes of all of the children there to reflect that of Christ Jesus, who, in being God himself, did not consider being equal to you on earth. Instead, He made Himself nothing. He became a servant, Lord. He came to live among us, and serve us. He humbled himself, and was obedient to the point of death, Lord! And because of this, you have exalted Him. Help every student at [name of school] to know this as truth, oh God. Every knee will bow to Christ, both in heaven and on earth. Help the students of [said school] to confess with their mouths, Jesus as Lord, for your glory. I pray.

Next I prayed for some specific requests:
I prayed that Ty would try hard and do his best, without giving up or getting frustrated (in accordance with Galatians 6:9)
I prayed that Kainen would control his seemingly growing anger (Psalm 37:8 & Psalm 4:4)
And I prayed that all of the students would come to know Christ (John 3:16)

I could not find a list of the staff at their school, so I prayed the prayer that they recommended over the principle. Then asked that God would protect the children from lies over the coming Christmas season, and that the school would take no part in encouraging them to believe the lies. Because the boys just started there, I didn't have enough information to pray for school concerns. I guess that I could have prayed for safe travel to and from the school, but I didn't think of it at the time.

Following intercession for the students, staff and school, I prayed for the MITI organization (using their prayer calendar for requests), to find at least one other mom at the boys school to pray with, and then because I live in Colorado I prayed for the MITI moms, group and staff in Angola, Ethiopia, Mauritius, and Slovenia with the requests I found on the website.

I closed my prayer time with the benediction found in 2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 and lastly Philippians 4:20.

It was such a wonderful time of prayer. I highly recommend looking into this organization. Even if you don't have kids in school, or even if you don't have kids. It has changed my prayer time with God, and I just felt so much better after spending that time with Him! I am planning on keeping one day a week set aside for praying for the boys and their school (Mondays), but setting aside a time everyday to follow this prayer outline to pray for other things.

You can learn more about Mom's In Touch at their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment