Monday, January 9, 2012

Mr. Monday:


This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They trusted God and accepted the authority of their husbands.
~1 Peter 3:5

Mr. Amazing hates this verse. He is a strong believer that men and women were created equal, and that saying that as wives we should accept their authority speaks to the contrary. I lovingly disagree with that sentiment.

You see, as a Christian woman, I look at it as a picture of our relationship with Christ. When I am trying to rule over my husband, I am not being submissive to Christ. It isn't about being greater than or less than. Christ said whoever is the least now will be the greatest then (Mark 10:31). I know that God created us all in His image. That we are all equal, we are just created differently, with different roles. For me, living under the authority of my husband isn't about feeling like a lesser person than him. It's about submitting to a righteous God, who is the Greatest. 

I won't say that I am the perfect wife at living under my husbands authority. I am still a sinful human, and there are definitely things that I am stubborn about. But that's the best part. God knew that we would do that. It was included in the curse. But that's why Jesus came. He knew that we wouldn't be the perfect wives. He knew that we would need a Savior. I am so thankful for Him!  






~Special announcement:
For today only, you can download a free Kindle copy of my book, "Teen Devotionals... For Girls!" at Amazon.com. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment