Saturday, March 26, 2011

Appealing to the senses

Just to let you know, this is not a well thought out post. I just needed to get my thoughts out of my head and hopefully get some input or feedback from my blogging friends (if I still have any after my long absence...)



A few weeks ago I was meeting with one of the ladies from our church and she mentioned that her mother always taught her growing up that wives were suppose to make their homes appealing to all of their husbands senses. For those of you who don't know, I grew up in a single parent home. No one ever taught me how to be a good wife, so while I didn't side track our meeting to have her go into details, the comment has stuck with me. She said that it needed to appeal to his taste, his site, smell, touch, and ears.

Now I must say that the smell thing I have covered. Mr. Amazing loves candle warmers, so as long as I keep a fresh candle on most of them our home smells pretty nice. And surprisingly Mr. Amazing thinks I'm a wonderful cook, and I really do enjoy cooking and baking so I think I have the taste thing down as well. However, my talent stops there. I grew up in a messy house. I have tried every tactic in the world (okay, probably an exaggeration) to keep my home clean, but it just doesn't seem to stick. I can get it clean...but in my family of 6 it doesn't last more than a few days. I'm working on it though...

I do play music quite often in our home. Usually classical or praise and worship, however it's often drowned out by the noise that our precious children are making (whether that noise is a toy, the t.v., or with their mouths varies minute by minute). And then I really have no clue how to have our home appeal to his sense of touch???? Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas?????

I would absolutely love feed back on this. Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. You sound as if you've got it all covered,
    his taste, his site, smell, touch, and ears.
    1-taste,you cook
    2-site,you clean
    3-smell,you light a candle
    4-touch,he can wrap his arms around you and the children daily and very often,THAT!,is a blessing.
    5-ears,the sounds of his wonderful family

    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best advice I have... Ask him! Find out what senses are more of a priority to him and focus on those. :)

    ReplyDelete