Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday



On this wonderful Thankful Thursday, I am just overflowing with thankfulness for all that God is doing in my life. I shared part of it last week, but I thought I would go into a little more detail this week. However, with everything that God is doing in my life I was led to start a new blog just to track that area of my life and the things that I am learning (I don't want that to become the focus of this one). You can visit my new blog by clicking here, and read today's thankful Thursday post about all that.

I am also thankful this Thursday because so many things are happening at our church! In the past we have been meeting in a rented building on Sunday mornings, but anything during the week has to be held either at the small church office (that we also rent) or at someones home. God has recently blessed our congregation with it's own building. We haven't been able to move in yet (it needs a few modifications first... something is wrong with the bathrooms I believe), but it is still amazing to see God provide.

Now that we have our own building, we are preparing for all the ways that we can use it. Most of the things we will do are already happening just in various peoples homes or the office, but it will also enable us to do new things as well. I am thankful to be part of what God is doing in our church. We have started vision groups for various ministries to help us know where we are and where we want to go. Last week was the women's ministry vision group meeting after church. This vision group has 2 parts, the women's ministry to the church, and the women's ministry to women. I am part of the vision group for the women's ministry to women. We are planning on re-starting our Priority Living group next year. This started out as a group for young moms that did book studies, but it ended up as a group for all women that did inductive Bible studies. We are still trying to solidify what we want to start it up as again. I was the back-up leader last year, and will either remain as the back up leader next year, or take over as leader if no one else steps up. We are also going to officially start a Titus 2 ministry. Apparently our church has had one for a while, but it wasn't really official, just a if you ask, we will set it up kind of thing.

Next week is the meeting for the vision group for the youth ministry, which I am also hoping to be part of. I have always had a heart for teen girls (hints me volunteering with FindYourTrueBeauty.com)

God has just given me so much to be thankful for it's like I'm bursting at the seems! Do you have something that you're thankful for this week? Write a post and link up by visiting our host for this week, Iris, at her blog Grace Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment