Monday, May 14, 2012

Mr. Monday ~ Regard

The "Wife Words" series continues here at Servant, Wife, Mother. So thankful for all of you who have joined me for this! This week's word is "Regard".


...and if he regards me with favor and thinks it the right thing to do, and if he is pleased with me...
~ Esther 8:5

Regard ~ To look upon and consider

Do you regard your husband? Do you consider his opinions and feelings before making choices, or scheduling your day? I have to admit that this is yet another area that I struggle in. There are so many things on my plate each day, that I often tend to get my priorities mixed up. You know, first I should be a servant of God, then a wife to Mr. Amazing, then a mother to my children, and then everything else - yeah, it gets a little backwards sometimes.

I love the above verse in Esther, because she is regarding Boaz by considering whether or not he will regard her. She cares about his feelings. She's not saying what she wants to do and charging ahead, she's waiting to hear from him. She's waiting to see if HE thinks it's the right thing to do. When was the last time you regarded your husband by waiting to see what he thought about something before moving ahead?

This week, I encourage you to be purposeful about regarding your Mr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment