Saturday, September 18, 2010

1 Corinthians 13



I am starting a new Bible study with a dear friend of mine. We will be studying through 1 Corinthians 13. I thought it would be good to study this chapter because as wives and mothers it's something I think we all need. I struggle with loving my children, the more we homeschool the more I see it, but I know that this chapter isn't written just about wives and mothers, it's a chapter about loving everyone. This is a chapter written about how God loves us. It's a chapter written about how He wants us to love others, not just our families, but everyone we encounter. I am really looking forward to this study.

I posted a video with this thread that I think is beautiful. However, I do want to mention that it leaves out verses 9-12. I do not think the author did this to be malicious in any way, but for the purpose of this video she has left them out, kind of like when most people read Proverbs 31 they start in verse 10... I still like the video, in our study we will be studying all 13 verses of the chapter.

I also wanted to note that I wrote around a month ago about a study in Ephesians that I was doing. I have stopped that for now. The study was one that I was looking forward too, but wasn't edifying to me. It became more of a chore, and I wasn't getting anything out of it. I have put it aside for a future date. I really feel that God is calling me to do this study at this time. This is something that will benefit not only my spiritual walk, but I am hoping it will create a visual change in me that my children and husband can see as well. So it will benefit them in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment