Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday!



Today I am thankfully excited about the Women Discipling Women (WDW) group that I am privileged to be a part of this year with some of the ladies from my church. Our first meeting was last night, and it was WONDERFUL!!!

It is designed to encourage Christian women who disciple/counsel other women. We are meeting 8 times this year and reading 3 books together. Plus watching DVD's from the WDW conferences at Master's College dealing with College dealing with topics specific to women. I am so thankful for this opportunity!

I am also thankful for the ladies that are in the group with me! One of them gave me a ride, and one of her children will be babysitting my children during the majority of the meetings, as my husband works most of the evenings involved. One of the ladies is gifting me with a TON of her old homeschooling supplies, and just the support, prayer, and thoughtfulness of everyone in the group is amazing.

I can't wait to see what this year and this group will hold for everyone involved. I am very thankful to be a part of it. And I pray that it will benefit not only those of us who are there, but also those who we counsel and disciple.

Last week I found out that Thankful Thursday was actually a Blog Hop! How neat! A whole bunch of thankful ladies! I love it! You can read through their posts by visiting the blog of this months host: Grace Alone.

2 comments:

  1. May God bless all of your precious efforts for Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for such ladies groups, to encourage, to laugh, to challenge...it is a gift to be in fellowship with His beloved.

    ReplyDelete