Saturday, September 18, 2010

Expecting the unexpected

I have been feeling for a while that God is ready for my family to make a move. At first this was hard for me, because I don't always like change...I like my life the way it is. I love our house, I love our church, I love the mountains... But at the same time the cost of living in Colorado is so much higher than it is other places. That is from the mountains that I love so much. Also we have no family here, other than our church family. My family is in Iowa, and my husbands family is in Texas. (I would love to live in Texas.)

So anyway, I have been ready for a change now for a few months, and just waiting on the Lord for Him to say the time is right. I didn't (and technically still don't) know how he planned on us moving or even a definitive where too, but I have been fairly certain that it was coming. During these past months we have began homeschooling, which will make moving easier (not why we did it, but it will certainly help). I keep being drawn to Texas more and more, and I really feel like that's where God wants us, but Texas is a big state and I couldn't say where in Texas or why.

My husband use to work for Pizza Hut, for the past oh, 12 years. They got bought out by a franchise this year and things weren't going well, we prayed for something to change because he was just miserable! In February he got a job offer from Quiznos, and it sounded too good to be true. It turned out to be something that he wasn't interested in, and he turned it down, well the vice-president of the company didn't want to loose him, so he offered him a different position. One that we were interested in. It was doing the same job he was doing then, only for just a bit more money (not much, but enough considering Pizza Hut had said no one was getting raises that year). So he now works for Quiznos.

At first Quiznos was a huge blessing to our family. It was such a huge change from Pizza Hut. Then they started hiring people from Pizza Hut to help in their upper management. From there it started going down hill. It became more and more like Pizza Hut every day. Then the guy that hired him got moved to a different part of the company and was replaced by someone else (I guess he was the vice-president of a certain branch of the company). The latest rumor is that the new guy thinks my husband is over paid and his way of handling the situation is to terminate him before February so they don't have to pay him unemployment. My husband called his direct boss to see if the rumor was true, and the answer was yes. His boss said that they haven't made any decisions yet, but that was suggested. This would devastate our family financially, but I'm wondering if it's part of God's plan?

In the past 24 hours I have seen my husband cry out to God in a way that I never have before. That alone has me praising God for this. No matter what happens I will trust God to provide for our family, but part of me is scared of the unknown. I don't know what is in store for our family, but I do know that we are in God's hands and He is more than capable of taking care of us. I love my husband dearly and we will make it through whatever comes our way, with God's help, together.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it seems so scary to trust God because then we aren't in control. But, we really never are to begin with! My husband is considering a career move and we are also praying about doing overseas missions. Feeling like life is up in the air can be stressful, but God has a wonderful plan. I pray that He fills your heart with peace. Blessings on your day, amiga! :)

    ReplyDelete