Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Word-filled Wednesday!

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." -- Deuteronomy 31:8

This verse turned the tide for me today. I honestly had forgotten it was even Wednesday I was so discouraged. I had a rough morning that wasn't followed by encouragement, but discouragement from others. Which, by the way, was discouraging! Then I read this verse. While the people that discouraged me might be important people in my life whose opinions are important, and do matter. God is with me. He is going before me, and if I am truly following the path He wants for me and my family, then their discouraging words are just that. Discouraging words.

Instead of letting those words discourage me further, I need to have faith in God and not be afraid of what will happen in the future, but focus on today. I need to be strong and courageous, and remember that God will never forsake me! So that's my Word-filled Wednesday post! I hope that your Wednesday was Word-filled as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment