Friday, November 12, 2010

Blending Friday Funnies!

As it says in Ecclesiastes 3:4 "A time to weep and a time to laugh;A time to mourn and a time to dance." And today happens to be Friday, and that brings the Friday Funnies, which means it is time to laugh! I hope you all had a wonderful week, now let's get going!

This week I am sharing a story with you...
Like most of you, we have a blender. Well, 2 sort of. When my husband and I got married he had one, and I had a sort of blender. I call it a 'sort of' blender because I got it for free as a prize from work, and it is a drink blender that doesn't really blend anything that doesn't contain liquid... Anyway. So my husbands blender. It was pretty nice, you know, compared to my 'sort of' blender. But the first time I met his mom (while we were dating), she was using it and the knob on the front broke off. It still worked just fine mind you. You could turn the little thing that the knob fits over and select any of the settings. It was still better than mine :) This was especially okay with me, because while his mom used it several times when they came, I have probably used it... twice? Maybe? Since we were married.

Well, this week... this week I decided to cook up some pumpkins that were given to us. So I dug out his blender and got it all set up (by the way the maybe 2 times that I have used it were before we moved into this house almost 2 years ago...) So I "think" am a ready to go, get the pumpkin put in it to blend up, I mean, it's already cooked and everything. It just needs blended, how can you screw that up right? WRONG! I didn't do something right... maybe I was suppose to twist the blender into place, or push it down more? I dunno, but anyway I hear this wretched noise, and I quickly turned it off, but of course that wasn't soon enough. I had broken the plastic piece that holds the blades into the pitcher part of the blender... Our 'good' blender was now worthless. :(

So I moved on to the 'sort of' blender... Yeah, the pumpkin neatly sat above the blades while they spun. I tried pushing it down with a rubber spatula, that kind of helped, but I might still be there trying to get it pureed if I hadn't eventually came up with the idea to add milk! It's a drink blender, let's turn it into a drink I thought! Great idea, right? Maybe. I decided to make a recipe I found for coffeeless pumpkin latte's (I don't know how you can call it a latte without coffee... but they did). So I don't know if it was because of the blender, or my lack of cooking skills but they turned out terrible! They were so thick and pulpy it was disgusting! The kids said they liked them... but they didn't drink them.

So I moved onto a pumpkin pie! I make amazing pumpkin pies! (I use the recipe on the back of the can and they always turn out perfect!) However, I have never made one with real pumpkin...(hints the recipe on the back of the can...) So I found a recipe that said "Worlds Best Pumpkin Pie" now I was a little doubtful, because I mean, you can't really beat the recipe that comes on the back of the can. But I gave it a try as I had all the ingredients and it required milk to be mixed with the pumpkin. Yeah, maybe it should have been called the worlds WORST pumpkin pie. It turned out gooey and really rather bland. It didn't even taste like pumpkin! And I used REAL pumpkin! I digress.

That was pumpkin number 1... Now I have pumpkin number 2 sitting on my counter saying "cook me!" and I looked back at it and politely told it "not on your life! At least not until I have a working blender!" So my dear, sweet wonderful husband, whom I love very, very much, bought me a NEW blender yesterday! I'm so happy! I even took it's picture because I was so happy!



I would show you a picture of my old one... but I was so happy about having a new one, that I threw it out and the garbage man came and took it away! I have never been so happy to see the garbage man... (can giving him my blender count as my giving for today? No?) So anyway, you see, I can't show you a picture of it. I did keep the 'sort of' blender. It really does sort of work and would make an okay back up if something happened to my new pretty blender that has a beautiful 3 year warranty. However, I'm not taking it's picture because then it might think it's special. It's not special, if I put the front drink dispenser thingy on it, it leaks. So it doesn't really even work for it's original purpose...

I'm so thankful for my new blender! Now to do something with that other pumpkin. Any ideas?

For more Friday Funnies, visit homesteader's heart by clicking the button below:
Homesteader's Heart

2 comments:

  1. Toooo funny! Sounds just like something that would happen in our house. Thanks ever so for the laughs!

    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have so many blender nightmare stories. It's good to know that it doesn't only happen to me.
    Enjoy your brand new blender!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete