Sunday, November 14, 2010

Giving God Glory

30-Day Giving Challenge
It's Sunday!
For our family Sunday is a day of rest. We have a nice breakfast together, go to church, and then lounge around all day. Usually. Well that didn't happen this morning. One of my dear daughters made her way into our bed last night, and I didn't sleep at all from that point on. The night was full of her stealing blankets, kicking, hitting, pushing, tossing, turning, and more kicking (there was lots of kicking). So when I finally gave up on sleep at 5am, I was exhausted. I made breakfast and ate with the family, but then decided to take a nap while my husband took his shower. The problem? While my husband got more sleep than me (he was near her head instead of her feet), he didn't get that much either. So after his shower he came and lay down with me. So we both ended up taking naps, and now it is 11am, and church started an hour ago...

While I am not glad that we missed church, I am so thankful that God gave us the opportunity to sleep when we needed it. We would have been snoring away in church distracting others and that wouldn't have done anyone any good. I am thankful that going to church every Sunday isn't a requirement of Salvation. I miss our church family dearly, but God grants sleep to those he loves.

How is this related to giving you ask?
Yes, God gave me sleep, but most importantly, I can give God glory no matter where I am. I don't have to be in a pew to give Him glory, and honor and praises. So even though we didn't make it to His house this Sunday, we are still dedicating today to Him. To giving Him all of the glory.



The giving challenge is a challenge to give something each day in November and keep a record of it (not for bragging purposes, but for accountability). It doesn't have to be tangible giving, just to give in some way each day. If you click the button at the top of the post it will take you to the 30 Day Giving Challenge website.

No comments:

Post a Comment