Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Day 2



It has been a long busy day. I didn't get started on my writing until after the kids were in bed, and I just met my word count goal for the day (at 11:00 at night) and I can't update it, because their website is down for maintenance. :( They keep track of whether or not you meet your goal each day and I am hoping that it is back up in time for me to put it in for today. Plus, I am now ready for bed, and I am putting off sleeping, so that I can put it in. This is very frustrating, but on the flip side, in light of eternity it doesn't really matter if I update my word count tonight, tomorrow, or never...

My novel is coming along great. I had a good portion written in my head before the month started, and it is a little challenging for me to go back to the beginning and in a since, re-write it. Things are going down differently than I had originally thought they would. I think it will still turn out nicely though. I'm not doing too bad for my first novel! I'm at 3,860 words!

The story starts out at the funeral of Elizabeth's husband, Chris. It doesn't say how he dies (I'm not even sure yet...) but I'm sure at some point it will come to light. Anyway, Elizabeth's pastor and his wife invite her and her three small children over for dinner one night, where they approach her with a proposal. One of the guys from their church has asked if they would be willing to mediate an arranged marriage between him and Elizabeth. She doesn't know what to think of this, and quite frankly, she isn't really sure she wants to. But after a few days, she finds herself a little curious and she is talking with her pastor's wife (who is also her dear friend)...

So that's where I am right now. The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write freely, and not worry too much about editing. So I'm kind of resisting the urge to go back and re-read it, because I know me. I will get caught up in the small details, it's just who I am.

I hope that all of my other writing friends are enjoying themselves as much as I am, and I hope that all of my other friends can put up with all of my posts this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment