Monday, November 22, 2010

The Spiritual Battle

I don't know what kind of battles you are facing in your life, but in my life currently there is a lot going on spiritually. I mentioned last week that someone confessed a sin to me that I am now learning to deal with. It is something that they have confessed, but have not necessarily overcome. I'm learning to trust God in a whole new way during this time. I am forced to deal with the fact that I have absolutely no control over their behavior, and no way to know if they will tell me each time they sin against me. I don't know if you have ever faced something like this, but for me it is heart breaking.

During this time I am clinging to Scriptures. God wrote the Bible with the knowledge that we would need it at all the different stages of our lives and I am so thankful that it provides comfort, encouragement and hope. Last night and today I have been focusing on Ephesians 6:12 ~ For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. I have to remember that this battle that is going on doesn't really have anything to do with me. This is between the other person and God, or more importantly Satan and God. My part in this is to pray for healing of the other person, and pray that God soften their heart and helps them to overcome. I don't feel that I can give you details, but could you please pray for them as well? And for me too, I need prayer to trust God and to remember that He loves me and them. He has forgiven us both, even though our sins are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment