Saturday, April 2, 2011

The storms of life

This morning as I was listening to the radio a song came on that I had never heard before. It touched my heart in so many ways, and I wish that I would have heard it years ago. I wanted to take a moment to share it with you:


I remember when the twins were little, I had Matthew 8:26 taped to the door of their room. I remember reading it and crying out for God to save me because I felt like I was about to drown. I kept waiting for my house to miraculously calm, but it rarely, if ever, happened. Most of the time though, while I was crying out to God He gave me peace and brought me through the storm. As the lyrics to the above song state, sometimes he calmed the storm, other times He calmed me, His child.

The radio broadcaster today brought up two very important verses. John 16:33 tells us that in this world we will have trouble. In other words, He isn't going to calm every storm. The other verse I forgot to write down, but I think the perfect verse is Isaiah 40:31. When we put our hope, trust and faith in Christ, He will help us to soar like eagles. Eagles can stay in the air for hours riding the air currents and wind. If it was completely calm (no wind) they wouldn't be able to fly as long. This amazes me. God can help us soar when we are weary, by using the storms of life.

1 comment:

  1. I love this song it is so true. I have heard and sang it a lot.

    I can relate.

    ReplyDelete