Monday, May 23, 2011

Mr. Monday: A Servant's Heart


I don't know about you, but when I think about a servant's heart, I usually think of a woman. But it isn't only women who have servant's heart. Many men have them as well. In fact, it isn't a womanly trait at all, but a godly trait. We see the theme of serving others repeated over and over again in the Bible. My favorite verse is Galatians 5:13~

You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature ; rather, serve one another in love.

This verse describes Mr. Amazing amazingly! He has such a servants heart. He volunteers to help others whenever possible. In the summer he mows not only our yard, but our neighbors as well. In the winter, he shovels the sidewalks of the entire block... not just our street, but around the entire block. He even raked leaves in several of our neighbors yards last fall. If a neighbor is outside doing yard work, he always asks if they need any help. His mother said that he got this trait from his father. She says that if she wouldn't have put limitations on his father's generosity, he would have given away their home and everything else they owned. I can totally see this with my husband. He has driven out of his way (over an hour) to help someone who was walking in the rain. He just has the desire to help others. I absolutely love having a husband with a servant's heart!

What about you? Does your Mr. have the heart of a servant? Tell us about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment