Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One time only

I mentioned last Thursday that I was hired on to do some more work from home, and I knew before I signed up that I couldn't use this blog for anything related to that. I promise that I will not fill my posts full of work from home ads, or push the products that I promote on you. However, I feel that it would be wrong to not at least fill you in on what I'm doing, and why I'm doing it. I know that there are many other moms out there just like me, that would love to be able to have another income without leaving the home, but are afraid of getting scammed. So, here is my one time only post about working from home.

I have been volunteering for Shelley Hitz for years. I started out volunteering as a prayer partner and mentor for teen girls on her website FindYourTrueBeauty.com, then I started writing and editing devotions for that site. When she started up her new website (Self-publishing-coach.com) earlier this year, she asked me to do some freelance work for her, so I did. She recently asked me to come on as the affiliate manager for that website. I spent a lot time in prayer over this decision. I spoke with my husband and analyzed our finances, and rearranged my schedule. You see, I already have a ton of things I'm doing (I'm sure you can imagine as a homeschooling mom with 4 children, that I am very busy!). I didn't want to commit to the hourly requirement that she asked of me without making sure that it was doable, and that it was what God wanted. After much prayer, God lead me to accept on the condition that I step down from one of the other websites that I have been volunteering for for 3 1/2 years. It was a hard decision to make, but it's what was right for our family. God provided the right replacement for me and really just worked every aspect of me stepping down in a way that made me (and the others involved) know it was from God.

To tell you a little about Shelley's website, she started it because she has self-published several books for her and her husbands ministry (including our devotional book), and she wanted to help others do the same thing. On her website she provides tons of free information, videos, and even free resources. However, she has also published several fabulous products to help authors succeed. The income from this website has allowed her to quit her job as a physical therapist and go into ministry full time. Her and her husband actually just bought an RV that they are planning on living in while they travel around the country for speaking engagements. For me, helping Shelley with this website is just another way to support her ministry.

So this is why I am telling you. If you would like to help support Shelley and her husband C.J., and earn money at the same time, you can check out the affiliate page at her website here.

As I said, I will not be using this blog to promote products, or working from home, but if you are interested in following me on this journey, I will be posting more about it at my other blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment